Writing A Book

Monday, January 11, 2016

Yeah, you read that correctly.

My goal for the new year was to start and finish an autobiography. 



I know, I know- what could you possibly have experienced in 24 years that's worth writing about? I guess you'll have to wait and see. But really, I'm just going to write about being a kid and about my friends and about my plans for the future and other things like that. It'll be a glimpse into my life and a good way for all of the nosy people to find out my weirdest qualities. 

I'm working really hard on it, and I can't wait to share it with all of you guys. 



I'm the blonde sitting on that large pumpkin. 

I thought I'd write this post to tell you about it so that I can hold myself accountable. I also thought I'd give you a little sneaky peek. Please read (and hopefully enjoy) this excerpt from one of the chapters about my childhood. 


To give you an idea of the real start to my childhood, I’ll tell you the story of how I got my name. I was born (surely the happiest day of my parents’ lives, sorry Chrysta) and my Dad literally yelled out ‘Chelsea’. Not because he thought it was a beautiful name full of character and possibility but because it was the name of his favorite European Soccer League team. I’m assuming there were people there to witness the whole thing, so after that my Mom didn’t really have a choice.
 Terrible long-term memory aside, my childhood is what made me who I am today and so there are obviously a few things that will stay with/haunt me forever. Especially Girl Guide Camp.
 Don’t be fooled by the name of it. I know it sounds like a whimsical place where ten-year-old girls make lifelong friends and sing songs while roasting marshmallows every night. All of that may have happened, but it was trumped by having to pee outside in wooden latrines and trying to spread out the food on my plate so that it looked like I ate and enjoyed that weird rice thing. Peeing outside really was the worst though.


To find out more about my terrible experience with peeing outside, all you have to do is wait for me to finish writing the book. I'll keep you updated. 


Chelsea Totten
Talk Pretty To Me

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook