5 Times Pam Beesly Ruled the Office (and the world.)

Monday, April 06, 2015

The Office is my favourite show of all time, so of course, it's the fictional home of one of my all time favourite fictional characters. 

If you've never seen the show, it's about a group of people who work at a paper company in Scranton, PA. Pam Beesly is a receptionist throughout most of the show. She's a soft-spoken, independent, woman who is always an amazing friend.

Here are five times Pam Beesly Ruled the Office (and the world.)

1. The 'Jim' Thing
Pam & Jim are my favourite fictional couple of all time, no matter what anyone says. They're so perfect together, and through all of their trials and changes they always find a way to stay happy. I was so, so proud of Pam when she blew of Roy (if you don't watch the show don't worry, you won't like him either) to work toward a future with Jim. It took a lot of courage, and honesty to call off her wedding and go after what she'd really wanted for a long time. 


2. The Coal Walk
In the episodes Beach Games (season 3, episode 22) the whole office goes to the beach to compete in a series of games/obstacle courses. After Michael fails to make the 'managerial' walk across the hot coals, the group gathers around the fire. Pam Beesly, who is sick of being forgotten and shoved into the corner to 'take notes' while everyone else participates, goes off and walks across the hot coals before running over to the group and making a kick ass speech to her co-workers. (*spoiler alert: don't read this quote if you don't want to know details!) 

PAM: Hey. I wanna say something. I've been trying to be more honest lately, and I just need to say a few things. I did the coal walk. Just... I did it. Michael, you couldn't even do that. Maybe I should be your boss. Wow, I feel really good right now. Why didn't any of you come to my art show? I invited all of you. That really sucked. It's like sometimes some of you act like I don't even exist. Jim, I called off my wedding because of you. And now we're not even friends. And things are just, like, weird between us, and that sucks. And I miss you. You were my best friend before you went to Stamford. And I really miss you. I shouldn't have been with Roy. And there were a lot of reasons to call off my wedding. But the truth is, I didn't care about any of those reasons until I met you. And now you're with someone else. And that's fine. It's... Whatever. That's not what I'm... I'm not... Okay, my feet really hurt. The thing that I'm just trying to say to you, Jim, and to everyone else in the circle, I guess, is that I miss having fun with you. Just you, not everyone in the circle. Okay, I am gonna go walk in the water now. Yeah. It's a good day.



3. Michael Scott Paper Company
When Michael starts his own paper company, he invites most of his co-workers to join him. Everyone ignores him, afraid to join him because he's going to fail. Guess who the only one to believe in him was? That's right. Pam Beesly. 





4. Office Manager
When a salesman comes into the office, Pam is feeling pretty crummy about her lack of sales lately. He asks where the office manager is, and seeing a perfect opportunity to advance to a new job in the company that's more her style, Pam steps up. She's a leader, and a go-getter and she'd not afraid of taking on something new. 


5. The Mural
In the final season of the show, Pam is given the task of painting a mural in the office warehouse. I like seeing the artist in Pam, because she was creating something that was important to her and all of her friends in the office. It turned out amazing, just like her.



I know TV shows aren't real, but I think that these fictional people and their made-up lives can still inspire us and be good role models. So make that kick ass speech you've been meaning to make. Or paint your mural. But maybe don't walk across the coals barefoot. Unless there's a hospital close by. 


Chelsea Totten.
Talk Pretty To Me




PS. Please enjoy this further proof that Jim & Pam are the best/cutest. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook